Join Our Team
The Lycée Français is a pre-kindergarten through Grade 12 international school in Chicago, Illinois.
We seek high-quality employees who are deeply interested in advancing our mission to empower students to grow into active global citizens who employ critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity and adaptability and who act with the utmost integrity.
Why you should work at the LFC.
- Tight-knit international community
- Unique teaching environment of a dual-language program
- Involved community enthusiastic about education, teaching and learning
- Exceptional learning environment
- Maximum class size of 22 students
- Uncompromising commitment to equity and inclusion
- Competitive compensation
- Multiple health insurance programs
- Flexible spending accounts (dependent and health care)
- Tuition remission
- Discounted summer and after school programs
- Professional development opportunities
- Visa sponsorship is available for specifically-noted positions only
- Generous paid sick leave and personal leave
- Parking and pre-tax transportation benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Lactation room
- Employer-paid life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- 403(b) plan with matching school contribution of up to 4% after two years of employment
What we look for in our staff.
- Commitment to the LFC values of Respect, Responsibility and the Joy of Teaching and Learning
- Accepting and respecting one another
- Ensuring a safe and nurturing environment for all
- Positivity, open-mindedness, and adaptability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Language Requirements:
- Faculty members teaching in French must be native speakers and hold French diplomas that allow them to teach in the French school system.
- Faculty members teaching in English must be native speakers and hold the required diplomas to teach in American schools.
Current Openings at the LFC
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lycée Français de Chicago celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All candidates are encouraged to apply and will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Should anyone encounter barriers to accessibility when expressing interest in an open position, please contact us at 773-665-0066 and ask to speak with a member of our Human Resources department. The Lycée will make every reasonable effort to accommodate.