At the LFC, each grade builds on the one before in a spiraled approach, revisited topics each year with increasing challenge.
In Grades 1 to 3, curriculum focuses on building a solid academic foundation through:
- Strengthening French, English language arts and STEAM
- Exploring creativity through art, music and movement
- Cultivating cultural and historical awareness
- Introducing fundamental technology skills in computer science
- Developing healthy habits through sports and exercise in physical education
In Grades 4 and 5, curriculum begins to lay the groundwork for success in secondary school by:
- Developing academic skills in STEAM, literature, history and geography
- Starting a third language in Grade 4 (German, Mandarin or Spanish)
- Further mastering of information and communications technologies
- Exposure to the visual arts and music
In addition, overnight school trips in Grades 2 and 5 help to develop autonomy and confidence.