Pre-elementary students arrive between 8:30 and 8:45 a.m. All others arrive between 8:15 and 8:30 a.m.
For security reasons students are not permitted to enter the school before 8:15 a.m. Parents should wait with their children until the school door opens; under no circumstances should children be left unattended in the parking lot or elsewhere outside the school.
It is the parents’ responsibility to be sure that the child is on time for school. Any student who arrives late must report to the School Office. Parents are asked to park and accompany their child to the School Office. They are not allowed to take their child directly to the classroom.
School is finished at 3:30 p.m. Children who remain after 3:45 p.m. will be placed in study hall (étude). Payment coupons must be purchased in advance from the School Office.
Parents must list on the Emergency Form the names of people other than themselves who are authorized to pick up their child/children from school. When someone not specified on the Emergency Form is going to pick up a child, parents must notify the teacher (using the correspondence notebook) or inform the School Office no later than 3:00 p.m., indicating the name of the person who will pick up the child. This person must show an ID to the office or teacher.
Students are not permitted to leave the school grounds until the end of the school day. A child who needs to leave before the regular dismissal time (e.g., for a medical/dental appointment) can only do so upon written request from the parents, and only if he or she is picked up at school by a family member or other authorized adult. When leaving early, children cannot be released directly from the classroom. A parent or guardian must stop by the School Office first and sign the child out.
Students are required to leave school when their classes are finished, unless they are enrolled in an after-school workshop or are going to study hall.
For security reasons students are not permitted to enter the school before 8:10 a.m. The school day ends at 3:30 pm (primary school), 4:35 (middle school)and (high school). Children who remain after 3:45 p.m. (4:00 pm in middle school) will be placed in étude (study hall). Students are not permitted to leave the school grounds until the end of the school day except if they have an official authorization at the middle school.
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
Parents who walk or drive their children to and from school must adhere to the school's pick-up and drop-off procedures, designed to make the process safe and efficient.
Drop-off and pick-up take place at different locations depending on the student’s grade level:
- Grey Door (Irving Park Road entrance, parking lot) for kindergarten, welcoming class, grades 3 and 4, Middle School, and High School.
- Blue Door (school’s main entrance, parking lot) for pre-kindergarten, jr-kindergarten, and grades 1, 2, and 5 only.
- Irving Park (pedestrian entrance) for all students.
- On Wednesdays, the pre-elementary students attend a half day and will be picked up at the main entrance.
- Do not drop off your child more than 15 minutes before the start of their school day. Class Schedule
- Please have the backpacks, lunches, and students ready to go before entering the drop-off zone.
- Staff members assist the children out of their cars at the drop-off locations. Only the staff members are to open and close the car doors. Students must exit on the passenger side of the car (curbside).
- Arriving students should proceed directly to their classrooms where their teachers will welcome them.
- At no time should vehicles be parked or left unattended in the pick-up and drop-off lanes.
- No vehicles are allowed to park in the parking lot during the drop-off and pick-up period. Only staff members or parents with an appointment or having to visit the School Office may use the parking lot.