Board of Trustees
The Lycée Français de Chicago is governed by its Board of Trustees which serves as the steward of the school's educational mission and financial health.
The Board's responsibility is to adopt a clear statement of the school's mission, vision, and strategic goals. It establishes policies to ensure the Lycée's long-term growth and success.
The school President is responsible for implementing the Board’s policies and plans and for the day-to-day management of the Lycée. The President hires faculty and staff and oversees the development of classroom policies and the curriculum.
The Board of Trustees and school administration ensure that the concerns, values, and expectations of parents and other constituents are considered in all decisions regarding the quality of education. The President of the Parent Association, an ex-officio member of the Board, attends Board meetings to ensure two-way communication with the parent community.
- Develop the Lycée’s long-term strategic plan
- Review and assess the educational mission of the school on an ongoing basis
- Select, support, and review the school President
- Approve the school's annual budget and financial plan
- Capital campaign
- Community Outreach
- Long-Term Strategic Plan
The Board's composition reflects strategic and business expertise, financial resources, and the historical perspective needed to achieve the mission and strategic objectives of the Lycée. The nominating committee identifies and presents new trustees to the Board.
- Sharon Langshur, Chair
- Fernando Assens
- Curt R. Bailey
- Patrick Balson
- Tim Calkins
- Hugues Delannoy
- Sébastien De Longeaux
- Zachary Egan
- Bruce Gelman
- Neil E. Jenkins
- Margot Bogue
- Mark Ladd
- Douglas W. Lyons
- Marianne Markowitz
- Diane Saltoun, Secretary
- Robert Sevim
- Jon Shulkin, Vice Chair
- Margaret Unetich
- Etienne Veber
- Alain Weber
- Brice Yharrassarry, Treasurer
Honorary Board Members
- Consul General of France in Chicago
- Cultural Attaché at the French Consulate in Chicago
- President of the Parent Association, ex officio
- President of the Alumni Association