ABOVE AND BEYOND TUITION: FUNDRAISING AT THE LYCÉE
The Lycée’s fundraising program is essential to maintain and enhance the high quality educational experience offered to our children. It also enables many highly qualified students to attend the Lycée through its need-based financial aid program.
In the past two years, the Lycée’s fundraising program has raised nearly $1 million to support scholarships and has provided additional funds for a school van, faculty professional development, Smartboards, science equipment, team sports, and other curriculum improvements.
The majority of these funds have come from parents who have given above and beyond their tuition payments to ensure the success of the Lycée. This level of support reflects the commitment of the Lycée’s dedicated parent body and cohesive family spirit.
We have three primary fundraising initiatives at the Lycée:
• the Annual Campaign
• la Soirée
• the Fall French Market
Why Support the Lycée
• As with all private independent schools, the Lycée relies on additional support from its families through fundraising. Tuition covers only 90 percent of the school's operating budget, as we strive to keep it at the most affordable level possible.
• The school receives no government funding and depends on tuition and fund raising in order to provide a unique educational experience. The quality of its programs is directly proportional to the investments made by the members of our community.
• Annual contributions and event proceeds help bridge the gap between the school's revenues and day-to-day expenses, as well as fund special projects and strategic initiatives as determined by the Board of Trustees and administration.
• Family involvement demonstrates a strong parent commitment to the school's mission and academic excellence, and is important to its long-term sustainability.
• Broad participation of local, national, and international businesses within these fundraising initiatives helps the school attract outside corporate and foundation support and also helps secure gifts from parents’ employers with matching gift programs.
• Your donation helps keep tuition affordable while supporting scholarships to ensure a diverse student body, and helps maintain sufficient reserve funds to cover unanticipated expenses and protect against unusual tuition increases.
Accountability of Funds Raised: How Was My Gift Used?
A financial audit is conducted each year by an outside, independent accounting firm and a summary copy of this audit is available to all parents.
In addition, the Advancement Office prepares a report at the beginning of each school year listing all projects and programs supported by the Annual Fund Campaign, the Soirée, the French Fall Market and other fundraising programs.
Volunteering at the Lycée
The success of the Lycée Français de Chicago’s events and fundraising efforts depends on the creativity, financial resources, hard work and tenacity of our volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Anna Maria Carvallo email@example.com.
Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to: the Parent’s Association and Committees, the Soirée, the Annual Fund Campaign, Fall French Market, Grandparents Day and other events.
General Fundraising Guidelines
We maintain a unified fundraising program directed by professional advancement staff in partnership with volunteers. The following guidelines help us insure the integrity of our fundraising:
1. All fundraising initiatives must benefit the entire School or an entire division of the School.
2. All fundraising initiatives must be reviewed by the Director of Advancement.
3. Students cannot be asked to fundraise for the school, or for any other organization inside or outside the school, except in the instance of an approved project - for example, selling baked goods at school to raise money for a field trip. No re-sale of any kind is permitted.
4. Any Gifts-in-Kind to benefit a particular division/class must be approved by the Director of Advancement prior to acceptance.