Valued Qualities and Professional Requirements
- Enthusiastic about education, teaching and learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues
Experience, Methods and Techniques:
- Familiarity with both American and French cultures
- Use of a variety of stimulating instructional techniques
- Ability to provide opportunities for all students to experience success
- Ability to conduct activities that engage and motivate students
In addition, we require faculty members teaching in French be native speakers and to hold French diplomas that allow them to teach in the French school system. Faculty members teaching in English must also be native speakers and hold the required diplomas to teach in American schools.
The Lycée Français de Chicago seeks a Director of Secondary School with 3+ years of experience in management of curricular and instructional programs at the secondary level. The ideal candidate should demonstrate ability to work with a wide variety of community groups and organizations. Candidates must demonstrate strong educational and organizational skills, and possess command of French and English. Candidates must be available to start on August 1, 2014.
The Lycée Français de Chicago is a private, not-for-profit, coeducational day school serving 690 students from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. Accredited by the French Ministry of National Education, the Independent School Association of Central States and the International Baccalaureate Organization (11th and 12th grades), the LFC offers a dynamic dual-language education based on the French National Curriculum and complemented by a strong English Language Arts and American Studies program.