Valued Qualities and Professional Requirements
- Enthusiastic about education, teaching and learning
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues
Experience, Methods and Techniques:
- Familiarity with both American and French cultures
- Use of a variety of stimulating instructional techniques
- Ability to provide opportunities for all students to experience success
- Ability to conduct activities that engage and motivate students
In addition, we require faculty members teaching in French be native speakers and to hold French diplomas that allow them to teach in the French school system. Faculty members teaching in English must also be native speakers and hold the required diplomas to teach in American schools.
The Lycée Français is an ISACS accredited early childhood through grade 12 international school in Chicago, Illinois. It offers the unique teaching environment of a dual-language program.
The Lycée offers competitive compensation and an exceptional learning environment.
Part-time IB Physics Teacher
The Lycée Français de Chicago seeks a part-time Physics teacher for the IB, teaching both standard and higher level at 11th grade, with the possibility of instructing mathematics classes.
At least 3 years’ experience in teaching Physics
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and teaching diploma
Previous participation in IB Workshops in Physics
Ability to communicate in French is a plus
Director of Educational Technology and Information Systems
The Lycée Français de Chicago seeks a full-time Director of Educational Technology and Information Systems who will provide leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of all-technology related activities.
- Provide leadership in the development of a strategic vision for the integration of technology into the educational environment of the Lycée, which reflects LFC pedagogical and curriculum values.
- Collaborate closely with the school senior administration as well as with the Board Technology committee to ensure buy-in.
- Provide leadership and innovation for enhancing teaching and learning through the identification, evaluation, adoption and integration of effective educational innovations into the curriculum.
- Formulate and implement a professional development program (in collaboration with directors and coordinators) designed to support faculty in the design, development and delivery of curriculum and instruction using innovative technology.
- Maintain awareness of best practices, emerging technologies and new potentials in educational technology that may be adopted by the Lycée as new instructional media.
- Advise on the LFC technology policy and academic coordinators, counselors and directors on matters of personnel and students’ digital responsibility.
- Manage LFC administrative technology program.
- Define and supervise the administrative and technical support team.
- Review, maintain and evaluate the functional area budget.
- Review of IT personnel needs and coordination of external IT equipment and support vendors.
- Configuration and Functional lead on the current Faculty and Student Information System to ensure that various process and procedures are simplified and meet the needs of LFC.
- Organization of parent-teacher conferences using the current Faculty and Student Information System.
- Coordination of web site with a web manager.
- Help keep track of and analyze student learning outcomes
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience:
- A master’s degree in instructional or educational technology (preferred) or in education
- Demonstrated passion for innovation through technology.
- Significant knowledge of and experience with teaching technology-related curriculum.
- Knowledge of the French and U.S. educational systems is a plus.
- Strong communication skills. French speaking/writing abilities a plus.
- Supervision, training, and performance evaluation skills.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for improvements.
Elementary English Teacher
The Lycée Français de Chicago is seeking a full-time English Language Arts teacher for elementary school students.
- At least 3 years of experience
- Teaching certification
- Demonstrate knowledge of methods in early literacy skill development
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues and parents
- French fluency and experience in a dual-language environment preferred
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume including references with the subject hearing "Elementary English Teacher Application" to the LFC English Department Coordinator, Mrs. Hadley Smillie, email@example.com.
The 2014-15 Artist-in-Residence will focus on music appreciation. The Lycée seeks a project that will help reaffirm our identity and relationship with the international world as we work to build our new Lincoln Square campus.
Proposals are due by April 7, 2014. Please submit a resume, an abstract of the proposed project in French or in English, and examples of previous work (or website address) to Delphine Geannopulos, Middle School coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Nicolas Turquet, French teacher and art’s coordinator, at email@example.com.