French speaking and non-French speaking applicants alike are admitted to the pre-elementary program according to the child’s age group. Age is determined by the cut-off date of December 31.
- Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K): 3 years old
- Junior Kindergarten (Jr-K): 4 years old
- Kindergarten (K): 5 years old
Mid-year enrollment in Pre-K, Jr-K, and K is possible if space becomes available.
It is expected that any child entering the Lycée will be fully toilet-trained.
At all levels, we require a period of classroom observation, which typically takes place the last weekend of January, as well as an individual assessment. We look for the child to show normal language development and age-appropriate social and emotional development.
Review of applications for our pre-elementary program begins in February. Letters of Acceptance are usually sent out in early March. Contracts are due by March 31.
Please note that financial aid is available.
Our Pre-K is either a half-day or a full-day program. Jr-K and K are both full-day.
- Pre-K half day 8:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Pre-K full day 8:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Jr-K / K 8:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
There is no class on Wednesday afternoon for the pre-elementary levels. Child care is available on Wednesday afternoon in addition to our regular Extended Day options:
- Before School 7:15 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- After School 3:15 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.