International Baccalaureate Enrollment
For years, the Lycée Français de Chicago has administered an exemplary French Baccalaureate program for high-school students. We would bring that same expertise to our International Baccalaureate Diploma programme by opening opportunities for English-speaking students of all backgrounds and nationalities.
Lycée Français de Chicago is a candidate school* for the Diploma Programme. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy—a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that Lycée Français de Chicago believes is important for our students.
*Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its three academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), or the Diploma Programme (and in addition the IB Career-related Certificate). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
Students admitted in grades 9 and 10 will participate in course studies and activities designed to prepare them for the two-year IB Diploma Programme which begins at 11th grade.
Who is eligible for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at the Lycée?
• Students entering the 9th or the 10th grade with a strong academic performance record.
• The IB Diploma Programme is designed for college-bound students motivated to embark on a rigorous educational challenge.
• Successful students are interested in mastering French as a second language and exploring world cultures.
• Students are not required to be fluent in a language other than English when they enter the Lycée at the 9th grade level.
- The report cards of the last 2 years.
- The results of the Independent School Entrance Exam.
- A recommendation letter from the homeroom teacher addressed to the IB Diploma coordinator and to the Head of Secondary for the French track.
- A shadow day and a meeting with the Head of Secondary, the Director of Admissions and the IB Diploma Coordinator is required in the application process.
If you have any further questions, please contact:
Delphine Lenoir, Director of Admissions: 773-665-0066