International Baccalaureate Enrollment
For years, the Lycée Français de Chicago has administered an exemplary French Baccalaureate program for high-school students. We would bring that same expertise to our International Baccalaureate Diploma programme by opening opportunities for English-speaking students of all backgrounds and nationalities.
Students admitted in grades 9 and 10 will participate in course studies and activities designed to prepare them for the two-year IB Diploma Programme which begins at 11th grade.
Who is eligible for the Lycée's International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme?
• Students entering the 9th, 10th or 11th grade with a strong academic performance record.
• The IB Diploma Programme is designed for college-bound students motivated to embark on a rigorous educational challenge.
• Successful students are interested in mastering French as a second language and exploring world cultures.
• Students are not required to be fluent in a language other than English when they enter the Lycée at the 9th grade level.
- The report cards of the last 2 years.
- The results of the Independent School Entrance Exam.
- A recommendation letter from the homeroom teacher addressed to the IB Diploma coordinator and to the Head of Secondary for the French track.
- A shadow day and a meeting with the Head of Secondary, the Director of Admissions and the IB Diploma Coordinator is required in the application process.
For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact:
IB Diploma Coordinator
773-665-0066 ext. 46