Welcome to our Admissions page, and thank you for considering the Lycée Français de Chicago school community for your family.
Admission to the Lycée is strongly guided by our mission and philosophy: to provide children with a world-class education in a welcoming, caring, and non-discriminate environment. Families and students of all races, religions, national and ethnic origins, and socioeconomic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As a result, our community represents a richly diverse international community within Chicago.
To learn more about the admissions process, application requirements and to arrange a school visit, please contact the Admissions Office:
During your visit, we will provide a first-hand overview of our program, take you on a tour of our facilities, and answer your questions.
The Lycée admits many new students every year, both French speaking and non-French speaking, according to available space in specific classes. When reviewing applications, we consider several factors, including:
* Long-term commitment to a dual-language, French-immersion program;
* Language(s) spoken at home;
* Cultural diversity and gender balance of their applicable class;
* Academic and developmental readiness for their applicable class;
* Education history and previous school evaluations.
Thank you again for your interest in the Lycée. We look forward to meeting your family soon!