History of the Arts
The Lycée provides Art History instruction at all grade levels in accordance with the French Ministry of national education. The teaching of art history concerns all students from primary to high school, and it is supported by all teachers across all art forms.
History of the Arts in grades 6 to 12
Through art history, Lycée students in grades 6 through 12 acquire a diversity of knowledge and abilities, including:
* The ability to analyze a work of art
* An understanding of a personal culture
* Mastery of oral expression
* Application of curiosity and creativity
* Discovery of professionals and training linked to artistic and cultural practices
Evaluation of Art History in the Diplôme National du Brevet
The evaluation of the History of Art is mandatory in the Diplôme National du Brevet since 2011. Art History is based on historic, artistic and cultural dimensions in accordance with guidance set by the French Ministry for national education.