History of the Arts
A curriculum spanning the primary and secondary school.
As indicated by the Ministry of national education, the teaching of history of the arts concerns all students from primary to high school, and is supported by all teachers and includes all art forms.
History of the Arts from 6th to 12th grade
All disciplines contribute to the acquisition of skills and knowledge contained in the curriculum and included in the teaching of history of the arts, including the following:
- development of the ability to analyze a work of art
- appropriation of a personal culture
- mastery of oral expression
- development of the students’ artistic curiosity and creativity
- discovery of professionals and training linked to these artistic and cultural practices.
Evaluation of History of Arts in the Diplôme National du Brevet
The evaluation of the History of Art, mandatory since 2011, is based on historic, artistic and cultural dimensions defined and organized by the faculty as indicated by the French Ministry for national education.